Additionally, paste this code immediately after the opening tag:
Call us on
(08)6555 7718
Send a message

Visa Information

Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa

Qualify to work in Australia – Modern Migration Australia can help you lodge a skilled migration visa application for Perth, WA or other areas in Australia. We can assist you with subclass 189, 190 & 489 visas.

How do I qualify for a General Skilled Migration Visa in Perth?

Subclass 189, 190 and 489 visas are the core visas of the General Skilled Migration Program “which is aimed at attracting skilled professionals and tradespeople in selected occupations. These occupations can be found on the Skilled Occupation List and the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List, where State Sponsorship is available.
Qualifying for a GSM visa, be it the subclass 189, 190 or 489 requires Applicants to achieve a minimum of 60 points in the General Skilled Migration Points Test.

Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa

This subclass 189 visa is a permanent visa that does not require sponsorship by either a relative or state/territory government. It is the skilled independent visa option for highly qualified professionals and tradespeople. Only occupations on the Skilled Occupation List can be used to apply for this visa.

We can help you with your skilled migration visa application if you are seeking work in Perth or other parts of Australia.

The skilled independent subclass 189 visa – SkillSelect Only Application – replaces the subclass 175 (Offshore) and 885 (Onshore) visas.

Visa Criteria

To qualify for this skilled migration visa and be eligible to work and live in Perth, or other parts of the country, you would need to:

  • Lodge an EOI (through SkillSelect) and be invited by DIAC to apply
  • Meet the pass mark in the skilled migration Points Test – A score of 60 is required
  • Be aged between 18 and 49 inclusive
  • Pass Skills Assessment in an occupation on the relevant Skilled Occupations List
  • Have Competent English or higher (6 minimum in IELTS or holder of approved passports)
  • Meet health and character requirements

This option does not require sponsorship by a relative or State/Territory Government.

Where to Apply

You can be in Australia or overseas when submitting subclass 190 skilled migration visa application through our Perth agency. In order to lodge from within Australia, you would need to hold a substantive visa or a qualifying bridging visa. If applying in Australia (Migration Zone), you would receive a bridging visa allowing you to remain in Australia during processing of your visa application.

Family Members

You can include the following types of family members in your skilled migration visa application:

  • Spouses, defacto partners and same-sex partners
  • Dependent children
  • Other dependent family members – eg parents who live with you and are financially dependent

It is possible to include partners and dependent children after lodgement of the application, but other dependent family members must be included at lodgement.

Duration and Conditions

The visa is a permanent visa, allowing applicants to remain in Australia indefinitely with full work rights.

If you are outside Australia when the visa is granted, you and your family members will need to enter Australia prior to health and police clearances expiring.

Skilled Independent Subclass 189