Additionally, paste this code immediately after the opening tag:
Call us on
(08)6555 7718
Send a message

Visa Information

Graduate 485 and 476 Visas

Graduate 485 Visa

Qualifying students may apply for either the temporary graduate subclass 485 Work Stream or Post-Study Work Stream visa options, in order to remain temporarily in Perth or elsewhere in Australia to work or study.

The purpose of the visa remains to provide qualifying international students with post graduation temporary work options. However, restrictions apply for students who held their first student visa prior to November 2011.

Graduate Work Stream 485 Visa

Similar to the previous subclass 485 visa, the Graduate Work Stream 485 Visa applies to international students who graduate with skills and qualifications which match, or are closely related, to an occupation on the skill occupation list, as per schedule 1. An international student visa in this stream is granted for 18 months.

Post-Study Work Stream 485 Visa

This new stream of the subclass 485 visa is only available to students who applied for and were granted their first international student visa in Perth, or one other Australian city, on or after 5 November 2011.

Applicants should have a degree matching an occupation in either schedule 1 or 2 of the Consolidated Skills Occupation List (CSOL). Depending on the degree you have completed, this visa can be granted for a minimum of two years and up to four years.

For more information and full details on all of the application requirements for each stream of international student visas, call or email us to make an appointment and begin planning your future.

Click on the link and download our 485 Diagram to see how this visa maybe for relevant to you.

Graduate Visa 476 

Skilled – Recognised Graduate Subclass 476

 The Skilled — Recognised Graduate Subclass 476 visa allows recent engineering graduates of eligible universities (Washington Accord signatories or as otherwise approved). The subclass 476 is a temporary visa that allows the holder to remain in Australia for 18 months.

While in Australia the holder can:

  • travel
  • work (in any occupation)
  • gain professional experience in their field
  • enrol in further professional studies
  • study to improve English language skills.

To qualify for this visa, applicants must:

  • Be less than 31 years of age
  • Have completed an eligible engineering qualification from a recognized institution in the past two years
  • Demonstrate your English language ability
  • Meet health and character requirements.

You cannot apply for this visa if you have previously held as a Primary or Non-Dependent Family Member Applicant, a Subclass 476 or 485 visa.

Engineering qualifications

In the two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:

  • bachelors degree;
  • masters degree;
  • doctoral degree; or
  • postgraduate diploma.

Your qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialization in engineering, such as:

  • civil engineering
  • structural engineering
  • chemical engineering
  • environmental engineering
  • electrical and electronics engineering
  • mechanical, production and plant engineering
  • mining and material engineering.

Chinese Recognized institutions

  • Beijing Normal University
  • Beijing Petroleum University
  • Beijing University of Chemical Technology
  • Beijing University of Technology (formerly Beijing Polytechnic University)
  • China University of Mining & Technology—Beijing
  • Guangzhou University
  • Shanghai University of Engineering Science
  • Shanghai Jiaotong University
  • Tongji University
  • Tsinghua University
  • University of Science and Technology—Beijing

If you are from Taiwan or Hong Kong, you can check your University’s eligibility by contacting The Institute of Engineering Education Taiwan (2007) or The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (1995)

English language ability
IELTS 6 in each band (General or Academic) and the test result is no more than 3 years old.

Health requirements

You, and any family member included in the application must meet the health requirements. You will be required to undertake medical exams – most likely an X-Ray and blood tests.

Character requirements

You must provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age. This also applies to all dependent family members in the application who are 16 years of age or older.


QN: Can I include Family Members in my Application?
ANSWER: Yes you can include the following family members:

  • your partner (married or de facto)
  • your or your partner’s
  • other dependent relatives.

QN: Do my family members have to meet the Health and Character requirements?
ANSWER: Yes, they must meet health and character requirements.

QN: Can my family members join me in Australia after I have applied?
ANSWER: Yes, your family members can also apply to join you in Australia after your visa has been granted

QN: How do I make a visa application?
ANSWER: The Subclass 476 is a paper based application and must be posted or couriered to the specified address in Australia for this visa subclass.