Training Visa SC407

What you can do with this visa

  • Visit Australia to complete a workplace-based training (to improve your skills for your current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise), or a professional development training program

How long you can stay

This is a temporary visa, you might stay in Australia for up to 2 years.

You can leave and re-enter Australia on the visa while it is valid.

Eligibility- For Applicant:

  • Have an approved sponsor
  • Be nominated

Nomination requirements are different depending on the purpose or type of training.

There are 3 types of occupational training covered by this visa:

  • Occupational training required for registration
  • Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation
  • Occupational training for capacity building overseas. This includes overseas qualification, government support or professional.
  • Be this age (usually must be 18 years old or older)
  • If you are applying in Australia, you must currently hold an eligible temporary substantive visa that is valid; or your application must be made within 28 days after the last substantive visa you held ceased to be in effect
  • Meet Health and Character requirements
  • Be a genuine temporary entrant
  • Must have functional English
  • Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused while in Australia.
  • Have no debt to the Australian Government
  • Best interests of an applicant under 18.

Common Visa Conditions

8102 – Not work other than in relation to study or training

8104 – Work restriction: 40 hours a fortnight

8106 – Work limitation

8301 – Meet any outstanding public interest criteria

8303 – Not be disruptive

8501 – Maintain adequate health insurance

8502 – Not arrive before person specified in visa

8503 – No further stay

8516 – Continue to satisfy the criteria for the grant of the visa

8522 – Must leave Australia with or before the primary visa holder

8525 – Must leave Australia on the date specified

8526 – Let us know where you are living in Australia

Contact us for help