What you can do with this visa
- Visit Australia to complete a workplace-based training (to improve your skills for your current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise), or a professional development training program
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa, you might stay in Australia for up to 2 years.
You can leave and re-enter Australia on the visa while it is valid.
Eligibility- For Applicant:
- Have an approved sponsor
- Be nominated
Nomination requirements are different depending on the purpose or type of training.
There are 3 types of occupational training covered by this visa:
- Occupational training required for registration
- Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas. This includes overseas qualification, government support or professional.
- Be this age (usually must be 18 years old or older)
- If you are applying in Australia, you must currently hold an eligible temporary substantive visa that is valid; or your application must be made within 28 days after the last substantive visa you held ceased to be in effect
- Meet Health and Character requirements
- Be a genuine temporary entrant
- Must have functional English
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused while in Australia.
- Have no debt to the Australian Government
- Best interests of an applicant under 18.
Common Visa Conditions
8102 – Not work other than in relation to study or training
8104 – Work restriction: 40 hours a fortnight
8106 – Work limitation
8301 – Meet any outstanding public interest criteria
8303 – Not be disruptive
8501 – Maintain adequate health insurance
8502 – Not arrive before person specified in visa
8503 – No further stay
8516 – Continue to satisfy the criteria for the grant of the visa
8522 – Must leave Australia with or before the primary visa holder
8525 – Must leave Australia on the date specified
8526 – Let us know where you are living in Australia