What you can do with this visa
- Visit family or friends.
- Be in Australia as a tourist
You can study or train for up to 3 months in total on this visa. But if your main reason for travelling to Australia is study, a student visa might be more appropriate.
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa.
You can stay for the period or dates specified on the visa grant letter.
Things the Department might consider when determining your stay period include:
- how long you want to stay
- why you want to stay in Australia
- Meet Health and Character requirements
- Have enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia.
- Be a genuine visitor
- Pay your debts to the Australian government
Please note, for Sponsored family stream SC600, applicant can stay up to 12 months and must have a sponsor.
A sponsor is a family member in Australia (An Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident- must be able pay a security bond if required)
Common Visa Conditions
8101 – No work
8201 – Maximum 3 months study
8501 – Maintain adequate health insurance (Not applied for Sponsored family stream)
8503 – No further stay
8531 – Must leave before visa expiry
8558 – Non Resident (Not applied for Sponsored family stream)