Tourist Stream (onshore & offshore) SC600

What you can do with this visa

  • Visit family or friends.
  • Be in Australia as a tourist

You can study or train for up to 3 months in total on this visa. But if your main reason for travelling to Australia is study, a student visa might be more appropriate.

How long you can stay

This is a temporary visa.

You can stay for the period or dates specified on the visa grant letter.

Things the Department  might consider when determining your stay period include:

  • how long you want to stay
  • why you want to stay in Australia


  • Meet Health and Character requirements
  • Have enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia.
  • Be a genuine visitor
  • Pay your debts to the Australian government

Please note, for Sponsored family stream SC600, applicant can stay up to 12 months and must have a sponsor.

A sponsor is a family member in Australia (An Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident- must be able pay a security bond if required)

Common Visa Conditions

8101 – No work

8201 – Maximum 3 months study

8501 – Maintain adequate health insurance (Not applied for Sponsored family stream)

8503 – No further stay

8531 – Must leave before visa expiry

8558 – Non Resident (Not applied for Sponsored family stream)

Contact us for help