What you can do with this visa
- come to Australia to provide care and support for a student visa holder who is under 18 years of age (or over 18 in exceptional circumstances)
- care for more than one student
- study an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) for less than 20 hours per week, or any other study or training for no more than 3 months
How long you can stay
Usually depends on the length of the student visa holder’s stay or when that student turns 18.
- Holding an eligible substantive visa if applying in Australia
- Must be a parent, a custodian or a relative
- Must be able to provide accommodation, general welfare and support to the student.
- Have enough money for your stay
- Make welfare arrangements for dependants overseas
- Have adequate health insurance
- Be a genuine temporary entrant
- Meet Health and Character requirements
- Bringing children
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused while in Australia.
- Have no debt to the Australian Government
- Best interests of an applicant under 18.
Common Visa Conditions
8101 – No work
8106 – Work limitation
8201 – Maximum 3 months study
8501 – Maintain adequate health insurance
8502 – Not arrive before person specified in visa
8516 – Continue to satisfy the criteria for the grant of the visa
8534 – No further stay
8537 – Live with the student and provide for their accommodation, support and welfare
8538 – Not leave Australia without the student without our approval