SkillSelect Invitation Round – February 11 – More System Shocks!
- Number of invitations issued reduced from 2,500 in January 2019 to 1,500
- Number of invitations for individuals with 70 points significantly decreased from 848 to 32
The number of invitations for visa subclass 189 on this round reduced from 2,490 to 1,490. The number of invitations for subclass 489 remained the same at 10.
Significantly, and clearly in-line with the artificially reduced number of invitations which has brought about increased competition into the system, the number of invitations for individuals with 70 points for subclass 189 decreased from 848 to just 32. The minimum overall points score for subclass 189 remained the same at 70 rather than the legislative minimum of 65.
The minimum points score for the occupations listed on SkillSelect’s website for high demand occupations were as follows:
- Accountants: from 80 to 85
- Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers: same at 80
- Electronics Engineer: steady at 75
- Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers: Increased from 70 to 75
- Other Engineering Professionals: steady at 75
- ICT Business and System Analyst: steady at 75
- Software and Applications Programmers: Increased from 70 to 75
- Computer Network Professionals: Increased from 70 to 75
The minimum points score for subclass 489 remained the same at 80 – All Occupations