What you can do with this visa
- for skilled people nominated by a state or territory government to live and work in regional Australia
How long you can stay
This is a provisional visa. You can stay up to 5 years.
There are two streams:
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa – Main applicant- Eligible to apply for permanent residence after 3 years from the time your visa is granted- See Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional)- Subclass 191.
- Subsequent entrant- for members of the family unit of someone who holds a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- Be invited to apply
- Be able to score 65 points or more
- Must be under 45 years old
- Must be either nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative
- Have a suitable skills assessment
- Meet the skills requirement https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
- Have no debt to the Australian government
- Must have at least competent English.
- be one of the members of the family unit, of a subclass 491 visa holder.
- must hold a substantive visa or a Bridging A visa if lodging onshore.
- Must have Functional English. If you can’t show that you have Functional English, you will need to pay the second instalment.
Common Visa Conditions
8515 – Must not marry or enter into a de facto relationship before entry
8578 – Notify us if your passport or contact details change
8579 – Live, study and work in a designated regional area
8580 – Provide evidence of your live, study or work address if requested
8581 – You must attend an interview if we ask you to in a letter