Number of invitations reduced drastically from 1,500 to 110; invitation threshold raised from to 75 to 80 points for visa subclass 189 and threshold for visa subclass 489 remained the same at 80 points
The Department has just released the details of SkillSelect’s 11 March 2019 invitation round. The number of invitations for visa subclass 189 on this round drastically reduced from 1,490 to only 100. The number of invitations for subclass 489 remained the same at 10.
Unlike previous rounds, no-one was invited with less than 80 points for subclass 189. Number of invitations for that subclass:
- 80 points: 49
- 85 points: 31
- 90 or higher: less than 21
The minimum points score for the occupations listed on SkillSelect’s website remained the same, as follows:
- Accountants: 90
- Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers: 85
- Electronics Engineer: 80
- Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers: 80
- Other Engineering Professionals: 80
- ICT Business and System Analyst: 85
- Software and Applications Programmers: 80
- Computer Network Professionals: 80
The minimum points score for subclass 489 remained the same at 80.