What you can do with this visa
- Let skilled workers, who are nominated by their employer, live and work in Australia permanently.
How long you can stay
This is a permanent visa.
There are three main streams:
- Direct Entry stream
- Labour agreement stream- The employer must have a labour agreement.
- (from a qualifying SC482)
- Have an eligible occupation
- Have relevant work experience
- must be licensed, registered or a member of a professional body if applicable.
- Have a positive skills assessment
- Be nominated
- Must be under 45 years old, unless exempt
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Must have at least competent English
- Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
- Have no debt to the Australian government
Temporary Residence Transition stream
- Must hold a 457, TSS or related bridging visa A, B or C
- Be nominated by the employer who sponsored your temporary work visa
- Must have worked for your employer full-time for at least three years
Common Visa Conditions
8515 – Must not marry or enter into a de facto relationship before entry